U11 Easter Saturday Blitz
I want to welcome all our participating clubs in todays event and especially those who have travelled from neighbouring counties and I know the tournament will be enjoyed by all involved and especially the young under 11 players who will get a chance to play against teams that they would not normally come up against.
The involvement of clubs from different counties is a really important aspect of today and it introduces these young players to the bigger GAA family. I want to thank the mentors and the families of those players for making the effort to travel to Dublin on Easter Saturday.
I want to thank in particular our own club members who are running todays event. Like all clubs participating today, we too are very fortunate in having really dedicated mentors who not just look after their team but who drive ambition within the club. For many of the non Dublin teams at todays event the name Geraldines P Moran GAA club will be unfamiliar. What will surprise many of you is the fact that we are one of the oldest clubs in the GAA having been founded back in 1886. We have a long tradition of involvement in GAA activities in Dublin and we are now very active at both adult and juvenile where we have both hurling and football and we cater for boys and girls.
In welcoming you all to our club, I want all those involved to enjoy the day and the good weather and we hope to welcome you back again next year as this tournament becomes a fixed part of the inter-club calendar.
Ted Mc Enery Club Chairman
• Registration Opens at 9:15 am
• All teams will play a minimum of 4 matches with 8 teams reaching a final (5th game)
• It’s 10-a-side with a maximum panel of 13 players
• Each half is 8 minutes with a 1-minute interval between halves
• There is a 3-minute turn-around at the end of each match
• A horn will indicate 1 minute to the start of each round.
• Go Game Rules Apply
• Based on results from the group games teams will progress to either a Champions, Cup, Shield or Plate semi-final
• 1st Tie Break – Head to Head (if applicable)
• 2nd Tie Break – Fewest Goals Conceded in Group Games
• 3rd Tie break – Highest Total Scores in Group Games
• Semi-Final & Final Ties – Best of four 45’s (from the 40), Sudden Death if still tied
• Umpires – Each Team will supply two umpires (parents) per match. One at each goal. One will do goals and the other points.
How to Get Here
The Blitz is being held at:
Samuel Beckett Civic Centre
The GPS coordinates are:
Ballyogan 53.257354, -6.189795
- On -site stall selling hot and cold drinks and snacks
- First aid
- Dunnes Stores 500m
- Cafe 500m
Fixtures and results can be found at this link