Gers/Foxcabs U10s boys travelled with two teams to St. Pats Palmerston on Saturday kast 02 March 2013
 Although missing a few players, two 7-a-side games were played. St Pats fielded 2 strong teams and the games were played in a very sporting manner with with lots of commitment and skill on display. Overall it was a fine performance from both teams with many of the skills imparted on the training ground coming to the fore, plus some outstanding individual performances. The fielding, passing and movement were particular highlights.
Game 1
Gers/Foxcabs started brightly with Doyle scoring from the throw in which set the trend for the first half with Hayes and Doyle controlling midfield, feeding Downey and Cotter up front. Gers/Foxcabs were very much in control but a lot of missed chances saw St. Pats come right back into the game.
At this stage the defence came into it’s own with Butler putting in a fine display of defending in unison with Byrne who was magnificent at the back. Although beaten twice Campbell had a solid game in goals dealing well with the high ball and kick-outs.
Gers/Foxcabs finished the half well on top but this wasn’t reflected on the scoreboard. The second half was very much the same story as the first but unfortunately St. Pats found their range in front of goal. Overall it was a very good performance and the lads put in a good display.
Game 2
Gers/Foxcabs took control right from the throw-in.  Long and Clarke dominated the midfield exchanges despite being up against a very strong St Pats pairing. The fielding, strength in the tackle, movement off the ball, and accuracy in front of goal made it difficult for the St. Pats midfield and defence.
Up front, Kavanagh and Springael showed a fine turn of foot and chalked up some great scores, some from difficult angles. The defence was rock solid with Connaughon and Redmond putting in fine displays of marking and moving the ball through the midfield with accuracy.
In goals Mellon made some crucial saves and his kickouts were long and accurate, setting up the platform for attack.
The second half started the same way, with Gers/Foxcabs exerting control on the game.  Kavanagh moved into defence and did well while Redmond moved up front and took some nice scores. As the second half wore on Gers/Foxcabs tired slightly and St Pats found a bit of space to take some good scores.  It was a nail biting finish with St Pats scoring with the last kisk of the game to take the game by the narrowest of margins.